E.I.D. Parry (India) Ltd. - Phosphoric Acid PlantE.I.D. Parry (now taken over by Murugappa Group and known as Coromandel Fertilizers) was engaged in manufacturing and marketing of phosphatic and water soluble fertilizers in India.
E.I.D. at Ennore, Chennai was operating a large fertilizer complex comprising of manufacturing facilities for production of Sulphuric Acid, Phosphoric Acid and Ammonium Phosphate Sulphate (APS). HDO had already built and commissioned an APS plant for the client which was running much above the designed capacity.
The client was impressed with HDOs capability and in 1995 awarded the Phosphoric Acid Revamping Project for the Ennore plant to HDO without competitive bidding. A new plant with capacity of 150 MTPD was commissioned. This plant was based on Jacobs Dihydrate process and comprised of 6 sections:
- Rock Grinding and Handling System
- Reaction Section
- Filtration Section
- Cooling Tower
- Gypsum Handling System
- Clarification System
All sections were provided by HDO and the plant handed over to the client in 20 months.
- Despite project complexity, timely and successful commissioning of plant
- Established good working relationship with the client and received future business from them
- Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Project Start Date: April 1995
- Project end date: December 1996
- Services Provided: EPC (excluding civil)
- Facilities and Programs: 150 MTPD Phosphoric Acid Plant
- Technology Partners: Jacobs Inc., USA
- Address: Dare House, Post Box No.12, Tamil Nadu, India